Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
*beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder!
*she must be beautiful of course !
hum : hey relax it’s outside the park fence
Tum: Hmm, I like philosophy,
Hum:great, So you like me :-)
Tum: What ? what did you just say ?
Hum: nothing, you were telling something ?
Tum: i heard that , tell me..
Hum: there was this joke i used to make when we learnt associative law in high school if A equals B & B equals C, then A equals C. As u like philosophy , So you like me ! sorry bad joke !
Tum: Good that you admitted. you seem like Chandler type. Ya really bad joke ,Anywaywell did you intend to be software engineer ?
Hum: Honestly I didn’t knew what software engineering was all about, until I actually was working in it. I am interested in astronomy & wanted to take that up, but finances, financial obligations at home, foreign education too many aspects to consider about & landed up here. leave it its long story anyway.
Hum: Ya flirting, but i just said what my heart told me :-) alright if you don't wanna be called beautiful :-) jus kidding
Tum: enough of this senti filmy drama, i am my mom-dad-certified beautiful girl. Hmm, Something which lies in intersection of both interests? well, i can guess you give a damn about clothing etc. fashion stuff etc etc. So lets see i like to read books & blog.
Hum: Why not, serious science can also be fun, & it depends on individual what he/she enjoys doing in spare time. What are you hobbies?
Tum : Hmm lets seem, hey i know it may sound silly, i really like to watch tv, everybody says that's hobby, but on the funnier side i really get lost doing that....just lazily watch tv whole day long. I read good books & blah blah about daily life & moments which really feel good instead of keeping a private journal, i blog.
Tum: really ? i know what you boys think all the time, whatever you think most will come in your actions. i dont blame you for that.
Hum: hey come on, Don't generalize all boys are not typical.
Tum: hey it was nice chatting with you, i am supposed to have breakfast with my roomate now i need to go ?
Hum: Hey , sorry but can we have breakfast , of you can tell something to your roomate.
Tum : Ahh you are already asking me out ?
Hum : well, we are technically out, So not asking you out but just asking your permission to roam around with you outside :-)
Tum: But what to tell, she just identifies that i am lying
Hum :why Lie, tel you met a handsome boy & hanging out with him,
Tum : Oho So you wanna hear your appreciation from me haan ?
Hum : jus kidding, tell her that you would hang out today entrire day with a wonderful stranger you met at park.
Tum: No No, not entire day, just breakfast.
Hum :ok Fine
So Hum Tum meet the next day. both had nice time talking were sort of desperate to meet each other.
Tum : hey different jogging dress ? you lied that you had only one.
Hum : come on i dont care about such things, if i had worn same, you would have asked same, would be critisized in both ways !
Hum : you look good, fits correctly.
Tum: Seriously stop flirting
Hum :relax, i was just , hey by the way, Did you read Chetan bhagat's new book 2 states which has come out
Tum : no i heard that its not that good, Five point someone was good.
Hum: i never read that also, but i am sure now you wanna tell the stoy to me now.
Tum : i like story telling, mom & dad used to tell me lots of them to make me go to sleep.
Hum: my mom used to tell many many times story of ant which met my dad when my dad was on his way back from work. its so long since i remembered this stuff.
Tum : well, ya somethings are deep inside our mind, we never recollect even thought they are just always there , thoughts & feelings may be childhood schooldays etc. well, 5 point someone is a story about 3 IITian friends who find pleasure n all the wrong things, they get low percentage, but enjoy their life.
Hum: nice one, no need to read it now, thanks for saving my time.
Tum :Dude you must take time to do things which are not heavy on your mind, not your astronomy stuff. but i wanna hear more.
to be continued.....
Thursday, March 4, 2010
I have seen a lot & lot of science fiction movies, here is my personal top recommendation.
This article is like coffee table magazine, just for random reading.
I'll enrich the contents as & when time permits....comments most welcome please.
1) The Time Machine - Nothing beats the HG wells classic thriller! - A scientist's lady love dies & he wanders in time to find answers to regain his love! The motivation for him to build time machine is just a deep aspiration to meet his lady love just one more time. So constructs a time machine, goes in past & meets her, but she dies anyway owing to the concept or reality that events in the past or rather destiny cannot be changed. He goes to future to find the answers & sort of gets lost in time becomes a wanderer in time! Heart touching scene, moon is shown as fragmented stretching across the sky much like the milky way , amazing scenery & of course the time machine & time dial on it ! Probably this gave first visual picture of a concept as abstract & absurd as a time machine. Good conceptualization &
2) The man from the earth – You will get lost in logical arguments, it's just a simple movie, bunch of professors expert in their own domains, sitting on a couch & chatting, simply mind blowing arguments about religion, philosophy, fiction, beliefs of civilizations, prehistoric man & his numerous beliefs, assumption about God etc, catch up detailed review posted previously on my blog.
3) The Matrix - Totally out of box. Free your mind ! as the punchline tells no body can be told what the matrix is , you have to see it for yourself, well I coudnlt believe that science fiction movie can go to this level of complexity, many concepts beome clear whn you see it for 2nd & third time.AI-artificial intelligence
4) Deep impact - Begins with an high school kid, an Amateur Astronomer spotting an unknown object around star Mizar, its a double star which appears single to eye, but thru binocs or telescope it splits as two. That unknown object is an Asteroid on it's path to collide with earth.
5) Armageddon - I feel it is quite a senti movie, just love the song ‘Don’t wanna miss a thing' ! Planting a nuke in core of Asteroid supposed to hit earth is really a very scientific idea, totally practical when we are faced with such a scenario.
6) Minority Report - Amazingly advanced technology ideas !
7) Hitchhiker's guide to galaxy - excellent novel read "The ultimate hitchhikers guide to galaxy”
8) Pi - A psycho tries to find pattern in stock market. Everything in nature has patterns. Nature loves symmetry & patterns.
9) Pitch black - Good thriller, The moon or planets on the alien planet are superb !
10) The Abyss - Discover what is there in bottom of ocean ! A crew just happens to make an amazing discovery of finding intelligent life forms at the bottom of ocean.
11) Blade runner - Classic
12) Eternal sunshine of spotless mind- Erasing memories? How about that? Two people erase their memories to forget about each other, but their love in the deepest of their memories finds a way to recall good things & reunite them. The deep emotions of love cannot be erased !
13) The Contact – Good movie containing many concepts like Radio astronomy, Time travel, Einstein-Rosen bridge. Alien intelligence etc. But really feels like it's over doing in last hour or so.